Sunday, January 20, 2013

Updates from a Senior Theatre Major

Well. I daresay it's about time there was a blog update having something to do with theatre. I should be doing some homework but eehh.

The last semester of my senior year has gotten off to a smashing start. It's going to be a good one, I'm hoping. I have a pretty lax schedule, which is nice. (And necessary--but I'll get to that later.) I'm only taking 12 credit hours - the bare minimum to be a full-time student.

I'm in:
- Voice Lessons (1 credit - 1/2 hr/week + practice time)
- Shakespeare in Performance (3 credits - meets once a week on Mondays + Spring Break trip to the American Shakespeare Center!)
- Stage Design I - Lighting & Set Design (3 credits - Tuesday/Thursdays)
- Senior Project (3 credits - meets every other Wednesday + outside work on project, AND all my senior project hours are actually already completed, I just have two more performances of Rachel Corrie to go!)
- Radio ComLab (1 credit - 1-3 live radio shift every Wednesday + weekly meeting)
- Theatre ComLab (1 credit - no regular meetings, using hours from Secret Garden)

Then I'm auditing a Voice and Movement class, and am a Teaching Assistant for the Symbols & Imaging class. I'm also still working as Publicity Coordinator for the IWU Theatre Guild, and have two small, non-singing roles in The Secret Garden, playing March 14-16 and 21-23.

Oh, and then the outside things.

Right after classes started again, I got the chance to attend KC-ACTF and compete as a partner in the Irene Ryans. I got to attend and compete in the Ryans all four years of college, so that was pretty spectacular. It meant that my partner and I missed almost three days of the first week of school, but it was totally worth it.

And now, pretty much every single weekend from here on out is packed full with something.

February 3rd - may be headed up to Chicago for a private grad school audition

February 8-10 - made my very first hotel reservation by myself, for myself. It was nerve-wracking, but I'll be in Memphis for UPTAs!

February 14-16 - House Managing for IWU's production of Steel Magnolias. I'm excited to see it!

February 23-25 - MidWest Auditions in St. Louis, Missouri. I did these last year and I'm going back again this year - we'll see what happens.

March 2-9 - Spring Break trip at the American Shakespeare Center! SO excited. (Also doing some grad school-related campus visit stuff while I'm there.)

March 14-16 and 21-23 - Performances for IWU's production of The Secret Garden

March 29-April 1 - Easter Break

April 4 & 5 - Round 2 of performances for my senior project, My Name is Rachel Corrie

Thankfully, the last two weekends of the school year are (so far) unoccupied and, considering what the rest of my semester looks like and the fact that I'm already tired and stressed just thinking about all the traveling I'm going to be doing, I'm kind of hoping they stay that way.

Monday-Wednesday, April 22-24 are final exams,

Saturday, April 27 is Baccalaureate, and

Sunday, April 28 is Commencement!

Holy yikes. I'm graduating from college.

After that?

Well, my summer plans, at the moment, consist of auditing a May Term Travel Writing class, May 1-21, followed by a few weeks of down time, before starting a five-week summer study program at Oxford in June and July.

And after that?

No comments:

Post a Comment