Thursday, August 2, 2012

In Which My Heart is Confused

Has someone under the age of 10 ever asked you a question that left you staring at the wall? I have a couple of those questions today.

What happens when two people feel utterly convicted in utterly opposite ways?

What happens when I feel that presenting My Name is Rachel Corrie is not wrong (and even that it is the right thing to do), while a local pastor feels that he has been convicted by the Holy Spirit that he should try to prevent me from presenting it?

What happens when I could not in good conscience eat at Chick-Fil-A yesterday while friends and family members could not in good conscience NOT eat at Chick-Fil-A yesterday?

Maybe it shouldn't be "what happens when...?" Maybe my question is "why?"

Why does this happen?

Why is life like this?

And why does it hurt?

And what do we do next?

No comments:

Post a Comment